You may have heard people getting a Hollywood smile by “getting veneers.” You can find a clinic that provides affordable dentistry in Los Banos, California that has quality veneering. But before diving into the decision to get one, you might want to consider some insights.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain cemented on the facial or front area of the teeth with custom contouring to improve the appearance of the teeth. Additionally, it can also improve the resilience and strength of the tooth enamel.
What are the advantages?
- Confidence – Veneers can improve your self-esteem and confidence. This cosmetic dental service can correct common minor teeth issues such as discoloration, cracks, chips, gaps, and misalignment.
- Low Maintenance – Veneers are non-porous so they can resist permanent cavities and stains better than natural tooth enamel. This means fewer visits to your dentist in Modesto, California. Nevertheless, it is still encouraged to brush and floss regularly.
- Less Pain – The process isn’t as painful as most people think. During the procedure, the patient shouldn’t be in any pain. The patient may feel some discomfort, but dentists can prescribe ibuprofen or acetaminophen to subside the pain.
What are the disadvantages?
- Cost – The cost may vary based on the location, the dentist, and the number of teeth that will be restored. Oftentimes, the procedure is expensive.
- Sensitivity – According to studies, some patients may experience increased tooth sensitivity after the procedure. This often goes away after a few days. Your dental care in Livingston, California may recommend products to relieve the sensitivity as well.
- Irreversible – This procedure is considered permanent because the structure of your natural teeth will be changed.
Suave Dental aims to help their patients achieve a picture-perfect smile with their quality veneers.